When I said I’d write another “round-trip” yesterday, I was thinking it was going to be a show day today. It was not, today was a nice off day in Mexico City. It has still been an eventful day. For those of you who see my tweets, you know I was on a plane today with the entire MB crew.
1) This was my first time on a huge passenger plane knowing almost everyone on board!
2) I fell asleep as the plane was taking off and it felt like about 10 minutes later that it landed in Mexico City. So I just assumed that I’d slept through the hour it takes. Then I came to find out that we were still in Monterrey! “What happened” I asked? The door wasn’t sealed on the plane and we had to turn around. That’s a first for me!
3) I’ve lost both of my bags at 2 airports… but I’m still smiling :-). I hope to find both by tomorrow. Pray for me.
4) We were rehearsing today in the stairwell of the hotel, (for the acoustics) and we built up a nice little audience before we got shut down! The hotel security was very nice to us for it being so late. (11pm)
5. My brother Jonathan, pointed out to me that a few people were not happy with my last round trip. I responded to one of the comments. Please see what I said, it’s Jo.Nathan’s reply.
What I’ll say here is this;
I used the following adjectives to describe the Monterrey audience yesterday; “excited”, “aggressive”, “beautiful”. These are all meant to be positive.
It seems like some people didn’t like the word “aggressive”.
I would love an “aggressive” audience over a “timid” audience any day of the week!
Aggressive means you show your excitement and how much you’re enjoying a show. It may be a struggle to walk through a crowd who is really excited, but it’s still a good thing.
Monterrey was an extraordinary show and I loved every minute of it!
I’m looking forward to Mexico City today. If it goes down the same way and we can’t make it to the B stage… That’s cool.
Just creates beautiful memories.
I’ll let you know how Mexico City goes tomorrow.